Below will be a rough timeline of important events of my walk with God:
- ~Age 2: Started attending church with my parents and younger brother.
- ~Age 4-6: Interested in knowing about God. My Gong Gong was actually the first to really to teach me about Jesus. By six, I believed in God.
- ~Age 6-9: In stages, I accepted Jesus, my personal Lord and Savior.
- Age 9: For a Christmas gift from Sunday School at CFM, I received my first Bible (NIV) with old and new testaments. I was so happy to receive it. I remember saying to myself, "Oh my gosh. I've got my own copy of God's word."
- Age 15: Started to doubt my faith and it was tested. Quite a number of factors that lead to my questioning the existence of God. Got disengaged with people in my church of that time. Started skipping Sundays and over time I stopped going at all.
- Age 15-17: I tried to walk away from God. When I reached 16, I felt like I lived in darkness. I was so lonely. I know I had my family but I wish to have close friends. Though, there was a part of me who couldn't give up God. Most nights before going to sleep, I prayed to God even though I wasn't really passionate about it and they were short prayers. My walking away from God, FAILED.
- Age 17.5: It was middle of my junior year of high school. Someone from CFM called me to invite me to the first youth group meeting. Something stirred in my heart. I thought, "I'm so tired of being alone. I'm so sick of spending Friday nights feeling so down on myself. The youth leader seems interested in getting to know me. I have a chance to make friends. Why not? I'll go for it." So the following Friday, I went to the first youth group meeting. There was like five youths I believe. At the end of the meeting, three of us rode around town with the youth leader. She took us over to Mt. Tabor to see the city view and have a chat with us. Apparently it got late; people was calling to find out where we were. Oops! :) My mom was worried since I never stayed out so late before. Anyway, the first few months, the youth leader (who was our Sunday School teacher too) got to know us and started to craft the structure of our youth group meetings.
- At Age 17 3/4: The summer before I started senior year of high school, the original youth leader had to go. God called two young married couples to take over. God bless me with some good youth leaders. They help me understand God better, got me to focus on my relationship with Christ and they showed me how much they care for me. They were the human touch of how God cares for me deeply. Thank you to all my youth leaders who made a difference in my life.
- Age 18: I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ. I started to attend the English speaking Worship service. There were one unofficial spiritual mentor/driver (well it was before I had my own car so she would pick me up to go to the 9:15 am service) who also helped me with my faith. Since this moment, my life has never been the same. Over the years, I've gotten stronger in my faith. Since it was tested, I can say I no longer blindly believe what others told me. I really focus on God and have interactions to get to know who he really is and how I feel good to know I have a heavenly Father looking out for me.
- Age 19: On August 25, 2002, I got baptized by Pastor Yeung of CFM. Two others were also baptized. All of this in front of the congregation outside in the parking area. At the time, the church recently brought a collapsible tub. Why didn't I get baptized as soon as I become a believer? Well, I wasn't ready to share my faith to the public. But I felt God called me to dedicate myself to him in a big way and that was the time to do it.
- Age 28: One day at CBC during worship time, I felt an amazing moment. I fell in love with Jesus Christ. I never fell in love with anyone before. So my emotions was so intense. I felt God's presence at a higher awareness. Since I was a little girl, I did love God. But to fall in love with Jesus Christ, that is a whole new level.